Well this is Quay's 1st Halloween! Flints 3rd- you'd think he'd be a pro by now. However, this year Flint has developed a Halloween phobia. He is so scared by any mask! Not only that, he is scared of his own costume! Quay is the cutest little puppy dog and Flint's costume is Thomas the Train. Quay has had no problem with his costume (other than it getting in his face). Flint was excited to see Thomas, but cried when I tried to put it on him. I had Kelsie try to get him to wear his costume. So, she just put it on. He thought that was great- on her.
Aunt Lisa took them to the Happy School Carnival on Saturday night. Quay entered the costume contest and lost to a baby lady bug. Flint didn't have a costume to enter in the contest. Lisa said Flint just walked around looking at everyone. One of his cousins dressed up as Elvis. Flint would just look at him and couldn't figure it out. Then, his cousin took his mask off and Flint laughed. He thought it was neat that someone he knew was behind the mask. They also wore their costumes to Mother's Day Out. Everyone oohed and ahhed over Quay the Puppy Dog.
Since we knew Flint wouldn't be Thomas, we decided to go ahead and dress him up as something else. Jeff and I couldn't decided what he should be. I wanted him to be a hunter. He wanted him to be a cowboy. So he went to MDO as a hunter and he went trick-or-treating as a cowboy. Nice compromise I thought.
Flint went trick-or-treating with his cousin Mason. We laughed that they looked like Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story. Once Flint figured out that you go up to the house and they put cangy (candy) in your punkow (pumkin), he started to drag me to the next house. He learned how to say "Trick or Treat" and he would tell every one "Thank you" and "Bye". We stole the show. One lady even called her husband to come see the cute little boys costumes. Another lady asked Flint what he was. I asked him if he could say "Cowboy" and he said "YeeHaw". Even better. When we got in the car to go home, he insisted that he keep his punkow with him. We got down the road a little ways and looked back at him. He'd dumped all the candy in his lap and was getting into a KitKat bar as quick as possible. We had more fun.
Kelsie went to a Halloween Carnival at Trinity Fellowship with her friends and they went as Power Puff Girls. I'm not really sure what that is, but they had a good time. Even Jeff has gotten into the Halloween Spirit. He had me get him a Michael Myers mask (the killer off the Halloween Movie (I think)) and a trench coat. When the guy that he works with, Russell, came to pick him up Halloween morning (in the dark), Jeff hid in a bush and then walked over to his car door with a knife. Jeff said Russell saw him and locked his door real quick. I was afraid we might give him a heart attack or something. The most exciting thing was that I won the Coffee Quiz on Channel 7 News that morning! The question was, "Who believed that ghosts roamed the earth on Halloween?" The answer is, "the Celts". I watched a documentary on the History of Halloween the night before on the History channel. I got a Sonic Gift card! We had a great Halloween this year. I hope that you have a great time during this ancient autumn celebration!
Aunt Lisa took them to the Happy School Carnival on Saturday night. Quay entered the costume contest and lost to a baby lady bug. Flint didn't have a costume to enter in the contest. Lisa said Flint just walked around looking at everyone. One of his cousins dressed up as Elvis. Flint would just look at him and couldn't figure it out. Then, his cousin took his mask off and Flint laughed. He thought it was neat that someone he knew was behind the mask. They also wore their costumes to Mother's Day Out. Everyone oohed and ahhed over Quay the Puppy Dog.
Since we knew Flint wouldn't be Thomas, we decided to go ahead and dress him up as something else. Jeff and I couldn't decided what he should be. I wanted him to be a hunter. He wanted him to be a cowboy. So he went to MDO as a hunter and he went trick-or-treating as a cowboy. Nice compromise I thought.
Flint went trick-or-treating with his cousin Mason. We laughed that they looked like Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story. Once Flint figured out that you go up to the house and they put cangy (candy) in your punkow (pumkin), he started to drag me to the next house. He learned how to say "Trick or Treat" and he would tell every one "Thank you" and "Bye". We stole the show. One lady even called her husband to come see the cute little boys costumes. Another lady asked Flint what he was. I asked him if he could say "Cowboy" and he said "YeeHaw". Even better. When we got in the car to go home, he insisted that he keep his punkow with him. We got down the road a little ways and looked back at him. He'd dumped all the candy in his lap and was getting into a KitKat bar as quick as possible. We had more fun.
Kelsie went to a Halloween Carnival at Trinity Fellowship with her friends and they went as Power Puff Girls. I'm not really sure what that is, but they had a good time. Even Jeff has gotten into the Halloween Spirit. He had me get him a Michael Myers mask (the killer off the Halloween Movie (I think)) and a trench coat. When the guy that he works with, Russell, came to pick him up Halloween morning (in the dark), Jeff hid in a bush and then walked over to his car door with a knife. Jeff said Russell saw him and locked his door real quick. I was afraid we might give him a heart attack or something. The most exciting thing was that I won the Coffee Quiz on Channel 7 News that morning! The question was, "Who believed that ghosts roamed the earth on Halloween?" The answer is, "the Celts". I watched a documentary on the History of Halloween the night before on the History channel. I got a Sonic Gift card! We had a great Halloween this year. I hope that you have a great time during this ancient autumn celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment