8.31.2007

Quay meets his Great-Great Grandmother

Quay was finnally old enough to go to the nursing home and meet his great-great grandmother, Granny (Viva). She was so excited to meet him. She wanted to hold him immediately.



She is able to understand that these are my children, but she hasn't been able to get there names. When Jeff and I married, she called him Joe Randsom. There is a Randsom Family in Claude, but not a Joe Randsom. Flint is Joe Jr. Now, Quay is Walter. We're not sure where she got Walter. We all had such a great time together. Flint had such a great time visiting her, too. He played with her wheelchair and enjoyed his cake. He hasn't completely warmed up to Granny, but when we got ready to leave he waved goodbye and then went over to her and gave her a kiss. She was so overwhelmed that she started to cry. I'll never forget this visit for as long as I live.

No comments: